1.10.2007

I drove outta there with no one behind me.

It's been snowing on and off all day. I was really hoping campus might get closed, but it didn't. The bus I rode to school on this morning:
- skidded straight into the sidewalk. Twice.
- took out a bus stop stand-alone sign pole
- got stuck in three snow banks.
And as much as I wanted to straight up die of an aneurysm, my life improved about ten million points in workshop when Carla brought in a big ice cream tub of home made oatmeal rasin cookies (of which I ate aproximately eight) and an even bigger box full of books she decided to award as prizes for last week's anonymous poetry contest, in which I somehow managed to place second.

The rest of the day was spent editing workshop poems, chilling with Elise Marcella, and eating pre-packaged sushi in the Fine Arts atrium.

I have poems to edit again. This fills me with joy.

Tomorrow I have a Scrabble date at Bean with SCR Warner. Tonight I have my entire life's worth of work to do, but it's blizzarding and I'm so warm and exhausted that I might just go to bed at eight pee em. Sleep before midnight for once would be nice. So nice.

No comments: