3.28.2009

last night, in a dream
i was in a shopping centre, of all places, with my dad, and it was closing and i think we were in new york city and it had so many floors and we were near the top and the car was in the underground parking and my dad put me into an elevator and said he'd meet me down there. as soon as i pushed the button it became apparent that we were on floor 8 of the shopping centre, and the elevator just dropped down, as if there was no cable. it whooshed down past the underground parking and i saw, for one, second, my father waving. i smushed my whole body face-in to the back right corner and squeezed my eyes shut and plugged my ears and waited for the impact
but there was none.
i just kept falling and falling until
i was levitating

and then i opened my eyes and it was
4:44.

No comments: