7.05.2008

it happened today.
i woke up this morning and thought to myself,
chelsea, you have to do something more productive
than get wasted on vodka at eight o'clock,
so i ripped up the carpets.
all three hideous layers.
it went surprisingly quickly, considering.
and now my apartment is in order once more
and i have a sore back to show for
all this beautiful hardwood.
honestly.
who wanted to cover this up?
my mom called while i was scraping away
at a few belligerent scraps of sub-flooring
and when i told her what i was doing, she said
o my god! this is a dream come true for you!
and i said
i know. i know.
i don't know where all that energy came from
but i'm not asking because this needed to happen.
yesterday my horiscope told me it's time
to start making quiet arrangements to enter a new cycle in my life.
and now i'm listening to cheesy yoga music
and i just spent ten minutes in heartbed to lengthen my spine,
and here we are.
my dad will be so proud when he finds out.
his first-born child willfully doing home improvement!
imagine!
someone put me on an episode of this old house.
srsly.

No comments: