6.07.2008

recently, i've been waking up saturday mornings progressively more baffled by my life.
this is mostly because recently, my friday nights have become progressively more baffling.
last night, for instance, someone handed each of us a pint of white russian
and that was a bad idea
a bad idea indeed because
the white russian bred sea breezes
and vodka shots and after, beer at the brickyard
at two am where we made a four corner fortune teller
out of my pizza foil.
i knotted my reflective bike sash into a headband
that made me look like keith richards,
if keith richards were a crossing guard and
after i wrote down
puce and cadmium in my five year-old script
i gave her the pen and said pick two colours
and when i saw her writing
chartreuse
in caps
something, somewhere
in some sober corner of my brain said
chelsea, you are in big fucking trouble
but it's ok because you know what?
she's writing that colour
upside down and
so is she.

No comments: