5.25.2008

mercury is retrograde
according to the almighty monday horiscope.
i'm biting my tongue.
the first time i heard about retrograde mercury,
i thought it was a phenomenon, like a lunar eclipse,
with a similar rate of occurrence.
little did i know.
imagine my dismay
when i discovered retrograde mars.
anyway, this is highly inconvenient timing
for backward planetary orbits
as far as i'm concerned
because as far as i'm concerned,
retrograde happened three weeks ago
and by now i'm like, ok people,
let's get this thing rolling
for realz this time.
but i know there's still more to do,
more to wrap up, a few more neat parcels
of grief to post return to sender;
there are more snafus to endure, more things to keep track of
(my sanity, for instance), more things
to wait on (the Revelation, perhaps?), more things
to get in my way. at the same time
though, something in here is turning a deaf ear to my careful understanding
of the chaos theory and it's yelling,
the way my mother does when she's about to explode,
get out of my way!
i'm going insane!

No comments: