12.04.2007

so,

apparently there was a gas leak under the sidewalk running along my block.
yeah.
i went outside for a cigarette at six thirty and there was this tripod erected on the corner with a seven-foot tall neck and a face made of fire. the city officials had to burn all the leaking gas so it wouldn't seep into the groundwater, or something.
a man walked by with his daughter and told me it's a good thing i didn't light that cigarette an hour ago. his daughter was seven and tugged on his hand and yelled,
dad! let's go watch! i think it's going to EXPLODE!!!
and i said,
i think it's already exploding.
and then she showed me her stuffed penguin, which apparently connects to the internet (lol @ technology?) and told me that second grade is supercalafragalisticexpialadoshus.
at any rate, while i was in yoga, the furnace in my house was turned off for safety reasons and now i am COLD.
i guess i will not be writing my giant gwendolyn macewen paper here tomorrow, unless i want to die of hypothermia.
i wish i conserved more body heat in shavasana.
the answers to my problems are as follows:
shower,
tea,
product of pakistan socks, my afghan, and my bed, all smelling of laundry detergent,
daytrip to bean with stella,
mischa yogaaaaaaa.

ohmmm.

No comments: