10.19.2007

about three weeks ago, on a tuesday, after what may very well have been my worst workshop ever, i lost my umbrella. i realized i left it somewhere about ten minutes after i got on a bus home. i figured it was sitting on a bench at the fine arts bus stop and i would never see it again because i simply didn't have the energy to go back for it, and even if i did, it probably would have been gone by the time i got there. it was a nice umbrella. it was my dad's umbrella. i somehow manage to lose almost everything that man gives me.
today when i left my house to go to my professional writing advisory council meeting, it was pouring down rain and i thought, fuck, i wish i hadn't lost that umbrella. i would really like to be dry right now. after the meeting, i waited outside the writing office for lynne to get her coat and what should i see out of the corner of my eye but MY UMBRELLA stowed on top of the faculty mail boxes?! lorna made a joke about simple pleasures, and then we all went to lunch at the university club. lorna and the lynnes told me i have a beautiful head and i ate a cheese omelet.
then, magically the sun came out and i bought groceries and my afternoon is being spent cleaning and smoking and editing workshop poems. i've been overcome by some kind of post-apocalyptic bliss and i actually think it's high time i smoke a bowl. high time.

No comments: