5.23.2007

but i never see you, and i still look when i go out.

dear calgary weather patterns-
here is what i need you to do.
stop snowing.
srsly.
this is ridiculous and you know it
as well as i do.
love,
-chelsea

anyway.
now that we've got that cleared up
(no pun intended)

on tuesday
erin gave me a worry stone.
it's beautiful.
all mottled petrified wood
in shades of rust and ochre and dirt road landscapes
at twilight.
this was a much appreciated gift
considering my last one broke
in half when i put it through the wash
at the cook street village laundromat.
lately i've been doing too much worrying
and not enough writing
(not one word of poetry in seven weeks)
and the stone is a good place to start.
i guess.
besides,
it's slightly more comforting than twisting my ring
around my thumb during therapy.
therapy. o therapy.
when i told her i have issues,
i think she underestimated me.

No comments: