2.18.2007

yeah i use kitchen scissors

tonight i had about eighty-five revelations
i should really give sobriety a try for a while
but it's so grim
on the bright side
there are tulips on my coffee table
all red and orange and glowing
like a slow presense
in the light of my rice paper
lamp and i bought them on my way home
from the beach this afternoon
because they were beautiful in their buckets
at the fairfield corner store and i had twenty dollars in my pocket
so what the hell
you know?
and you know
i know how sylvia felt now
exposed in the barren hospital bed

and i can't stop thinking
about the last time i had sex on the couch
i'm sitting on but
they can read my mind
these ravenous flowers and i swear i can see them
blooming
ten mouths opening
in protest

***
this is not a poem
i'm just stoned

No comments: