9.20.2006

Day

This morning almost all of the #14 busses slipped into the fourth dimension and I was left panicking and soggy at the Douglas and View stop for almost half an hour. I made it to my 9:30 workshop with two minutes to spare before being docked 5% off my final grade for lateness.

***
I didn't leave the Fine Arts building once in eight hours. I almost fell asleep in the lobby while I did the readings for my 200 lecture at 4:30. A boy who smelled like he hadn't showered in almost a week decided to read The Martlet sixteen inches away from me even though there were twenty-five other seats available in the atrium. I was too self-conscious to eat a tuna sandwich with a stranger so close to me, so I moved across the room. He didn't seem insulted. I apparently have personal space issues.

***
The fancy new lecture hall in which I attend my Psych class has a faulty computer system, and during every single lecture, without fail, all of the lights flicker out and leave two hundred of us giggling at the absurdity of modern technology in complete darkness. This happened in the middle of our Intelligence unit exam. Our professor, the only one who knows how to turn the lights back on, had left on a quest for more ScanTron sheets. The marking assistant didn't know what to do. We only had half an hour to write this test and couldn't afford to waste any time. Two hundred of us were left to our own devices and bubbled in our answers by the industrial blue light of our cell phones.
Miraculously, the après-examen lecture on Development was cancelled and we were sent home early.

No comments: