4.28.2006

Can I ease your pain till the morning comes?

Pretty much, I almost died today. But on the bright side, everything's packed. I have to spend my last night on campus using res sheets and WestJet is going to charge me a lot of money to check everything (actually, I probably won't even get all of it tomorrow because my connecting flight from Edmonton to Calgary is probably going to be one of those planes that feels like it's going to fall out of the sky at any given moment because by all accounts, it looks too small to carry so much weight), but I don't even care. Now that I'm going, I'm going. Just get me the hell out of here.

The day in PackFest Fiascos:
PackFest 2006 Fiasco #1: Chelsea has run out of space in her bags prior to the half way point.
PackFest 2006 Fiascos #2, 3, and 4: Looking for another bag has driven Chelsea to thrill briefly at the sight of Canadian Tire, cry in the middle of the store upon discovering they are fresh out of hockey bags, and decide that boxes are far better than duffels anyway.
PackFest 2006 Fiasco #5: Chelsea can't find a box.
PackFest 2006 Fiasco #6: The box she does find isn't big enough.
PackFest 2006 Fiascos #7 and 8: Chelsea is too spatially retarded for words and thus faces $80 in WestJet overage charges.
PackFest 2006 Fiasco #9: Chelsea no longer cares.

Knowing me, there will be at least three more of these tomorrow. One involving the airport shuttle, one involving check in, and one involving me sprinting through the Edmonton airport with a laptop on my back and a valise in my hand trying to make my connecting flight. *Sigh.* I hate travelling.

For now though, my last evening in Victoria, there is a beach and a joint and a Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream bar with my name on it. Until I have to crawl into bed, this will be a good night.

No comments: